The PAX Aries 8 device is compatible with the Star Micronics TSP143IIIU receipt printer.
To connect the device:
- Plug the Aries 8 into the Star Micronics TSP printer via a USB-B to USB-C cable
- Open the SwipeSimple App on the Aries 8 device
- Navigate to Settings from the side menu
- If prompted “Allow SwipeSimple to access Star TSP 143IIIu?“, select OK
- Choose Device Management from Settings
- Under Printers, select TSP143IIIU
- Print a test receipt to ensure the device is connected then select Make Default Printer
Connect to cash drawer (optional)
Connect the printer’s serial cable to the serial port on the CD3-1313 or CD3-1616. Now when prompting for cash, the cash drawer will automatically spring open.