There are three ways to take a payment with SwipeSimple:
- Swipe (traditional magnetic card)
- Dip (EMV chip card)
- Tap (Contactless card, Apple Pay, or Google Pay)
The type of payment types you're able to accept depend on your merchant account and the type of card reader you have.
If prompted to Swipe or Dip and presented with an EMV credit card, dip the card in the enclosed slot on the reader chip-first, with the chip facing the front of the reader, to process the transaction.
When prompted to Swipe or presented with a non-chip card, run the card through the open-ended slot on the reader with the magnetic stripe facing the back of the reader.
When using a Bold B550 or Swift B250 reader and presented with a contactless payments enabled credit card or mobile device, Tap the card or mobile device on the reader to process a transaction.
Via the SwipeSimple mobile app
- Type an amount on the ‘Quick Item’ tab on the Sale screen (we recommend a $0.01 test transaction) or select an item from your inventory by selecting the center, ‘Items’ tab. Tap C to clear the amount.
- Tap the Charge button.
- Connect your SwipeSimple card reader to your mobile device.
- Swipe, Dip or Tap your card or payment device when prompted by the app.
- Select Receipt to enter an email address or phone number to send a receipt.
Via the web dashboard
- Select the Virtual Terminal tab from the left.
- Enter the amount of the sale, card number, expiration date, CVV, and billing zip code
- Select the Charge button
- Enter an email address or phone number to send a receipt
Dip and Tap capabilities depend on the card reader hardware and Merchant Account used for payment processing.