SwipeSimple has an "offline mode" that can be used if you are not able to get to a WiFi or cellular data connection. Offline mode enables capturing swiped or keyed payments without an internet connection to be run at the next time WiFi or cellular data is available.
- Offline mode is not compatible with dip (EMV) or tap (NFC) transactions.
- You can set a maximum amount for offline transactions when Offline Mode is enabled. This might be a good idea, since offline transactions are more risky than online transactions.
- Transactions taken in offline mode are not approved or declined until network connectivity is re-established.
- Transactions captured offline are “pending” until connectivity is regained and will automatically process when the mobile device goes back online and the app is opened.
- Offline transactions expire 30 days after capture if they are not processed.