SwipeSimple has Offline Mode that can be used if you are not able to get to a WiFi or cellular data connection. Offline Mode enables capturing swiped or keyed payments without an internet connection that will be processed the next time WiFi or cellular data is available.
- Offline Mode is not compatible with dip (EMV) or tap (NFC) transactions.
- You can set a maximum amount for offline transactions when Offline Mode is enabled. This might be a good idea, since offline transactions are more risky than online transactions.
- Transactions taken in Offline Mode are not approved or declined until network connectivity is re-established.
- Transactions captured offline are saved until connectivity is regained and will automatically process when the mobile device goes back online and the app is opened. Only a maximum of 50 transactions can be saved.
- A side navigation menu Pending transactions will appear when you are offline and will show transactions that have been taken in Offline Mode
- Once back online, this will be hidden
- Offline transactions expire 30 days after capture if they are not processed.