Step 1: Pair your device
- Turn on the card reader.
- The power button on the B550 is on the top right of the device. The power button on the B500 is on the left side of the device.
- Go to the SwipeSimple App on your device and log in.
- After logging in, go to the Settings tab in the app and then into the ‘Reader’ section and select “Bluetooth”.
- When using the B550, press the Bluetooth button on the upper right-hand side of the reader for 3 seconds or until the screen displays ‘Waiting to Pair’ and the blue light blinks quickly. When using the B500, press the green checkmark button at the bottom right side of the reader for 3 seconds or until the screen displays ‘Waiting to Pair’.
- Now look at the device. Click the ‘Discover’ button located at the bottom right-hand side of the screen. The name of the reader will appear towards the bottom of the screen.
- To complete the pairing of your device, click on the ‘Pair’ button located to the right of your reader’s name.
Step 2: Connect your device
- Once your reader is paired with your device, go to the Settings screen where you will see a list of all readers that are paired with your phone/tablet.
- The select the option that matches the last 4 serial numbers of your card reader. The serial number is located on the back of the reader and will be displayed on your device as “Bold xxxx”.
- The card reader will now display ‘Ready’ indicating that the reader is connected and the transaction may be completed.