Follow these troubleshooting tips if you're having trouble connecting your mPOP to your device.
- Ensure that your device’s OS and the SwipeSimple app are up to date. SwipeSimple Register requires iOS version 9.0 and above, Android version 5.0, and SwipeSimple 4.6.0 and above.
- Ensure that you have a SwipeSimple Register account. In the SwipeSimple app > Settings > Edition, it should display Register. If you have a different edition, please contact your Merchant Service Provider.
- Ensure that both the mPOP and your device are within a 10-15 ft range.
- Power down your mPOP, and power it back up again.
- Toggle your device’s Bluetooth setting off and then on again. Ensure that the mPOP is paired in your device’s Settings app.
- Restart the SwipeSimple app.
- In the SwipeSimple app > Settings > Device Management, pull and release the Device Management Panel to refresh it.
- Make sure your mPOP isn't paired with another device.
If the preceding steps don't solve your issue, follow these steps to initialize your Bluetooth settings back to factory mode.
Initialize your Bluetooth settings back to factory mode
- Press and hold the Bluetooth reset button [labeled 1 in the diagram below] located to the left of USB ports, on the underside of the mPOP, until the Error LED blinks red. (See diagram below)
- Make sure the mPOP remains switched on during the process [labeled 2 in the diagram below].
- Bluetooth setting is successfully restored back to factory mode when the Error LED stops blinking.
3. If you're using an iOS device, tap the blue “i” and select “Forget This Device”.
If you're using an Android device, tap on the gear icon and select “Unpair”.
4. Follow the steps here to re-pair the mPOP with your device.