Before setting up your mPOP, please ensure that you have the following items:
- Swift B250 card reader
- Swift B250 charging stand
- Micro USB cable (connect one end to the charging stand and the other to the mPOP)
SwipeSimple Tablet bundles are compatible with any SwipeSimple supported card reader hardware, although the Swift B250 and charging stand are highly recommended.
Cash drawer and receipt printer
- Star Micronics mPOP cash drawer and receipt printer
- Power cable (connect one end to the mPOP and the other to a power outlet)
- 2.28 in x 85 ft thermal receipt paper roll
iOS or Android device compatibility requirements
- iOS device running on iOS version 14.0 and above
- You can check the version you have by going to the Settings > General > About on your device
- Android device running on Android OS version 5.0 and above
- You can check the version you have by going to the Settings > About Device on your device
- Optional: Your device’s charging cable (to charge your device using the mPOP)
Step 1: Plug in the mPOP
- Set the equipment up and connect them to a power source (power strip, wall outlet, etc.)
- Connect the power cable to the underside of the mPOP, and an available outlet or power strip.
- The front of the mPOP has a star symbol.
Connect one end of the power cable to the underside of the mPOP.
Optional: Wire the power cable accordingly using the cable hooks to ensure that the mPOP sits firmly on the counter.Connect the other end of the power cable to a power source. b Turn on the mPOP by pushing the 1 or | button on the switch on the lower-left side.
The “lightning bolt” at the front of the mPOP will be illuminated.
Step 2: Load the receipt paper roll
To load the receipt paper roll, pull out printer, open printer cover, and set the roll of paper. Please ensure that you’re using a 2.28 in x 85 ft thermal receipt paper roll.
- Push the front face of the printer to unlock and pull out the printer
- Pull the opening lever down and forward (towards you) and lift to open the printer cover.
- Set the paper roll with the paper rolling downward
- Close printer cover
- Pull the end of the paper straight out, sandwich the paper and close the printer cover. Excess paper will be cut automatically.
- Return the printer to its original position by pushing the printer until it clicks.
Step 3: Plug in the Swift B250 charging stand
- Place the Swift B250 reader into the charging stand with the NFC symbol facing towards you. Securely fasten your reader by pushing the reader into the charging stand until it clicks.
- Plug the smaller end of the micro USB into the underside of the charging stand with the USB symbol facing the back of the stand. Using the other end of the micro USB, connect the charging stand to the mPOP, using a port on the underside of the mPOP as illustrated.
Optional: Connecting your device (to charge via the mPOP)
- Connect your charging cable to your device and the mPOP using another USB port on the underside of the mPOP as illustrated.
Step 4: Complete initial setup
Step 5: Pair the mPOP with your device
Follow the directions here to pair your mPOP with your iOS or Android mobile device.
Step 6: Connect the Swift B250 card reader
To connect the card reader, go to Settings > Device Management on the SwipeSimple app.
Select the card reader with your Swift B250’s serial number.
The serial number can be located at the back of the Swift B250, or on the side of the box in which your Swift B250 came in.
Format: Swift XXXX, with the last four digits representing the last four digits of your Swift B250’s serial number.
It may take a few seconds for your device to detect the card reader when connecting for the first time.
To refresh the list of devices, simply pull and release the Device Management panel.
For Android devices:
Tap on “Connect” to connect your device with the Swift B250.
Check the box if you are on an Android device to skip connecting the Swift B250 before running a transaction.
Tap on “Set Default Reader” to skip connecting the Swift B250 before running a transaction. Once connected, the selected reader will be shown as “Available”.
Optional: Printing receipts automatically
Please note that you must set a default printer prior to taking transactions, and the selected printer must be available in order for paper receipts to be generated automatically.